Monday 13 October 2014

Dear 2SA4

           


(Disclaimer: im sorry if this letter is not perfectly written/phrased because I'm just not good at all that. But this is enough for me to express my feelings and show my gratitude to one of the most important group of people in my life. So I guess it's more than enough.)

To the best thing that has ever happened to me:

Firstly, I would like to say that I am extremely honored and eternally grateful to have each and everyone of you as my classmate, fighting alongside with me in this battle for the past two (torturous) years. I still remember the day our classes were released - and everybody huddled excitedly to see which classes they were assigned to and when I scanned through the people in SA4, there weren’t any familiar names. I... was all alone. I literally wanted to cry my eyes out right there then because I thought, maybe… things would change in JC.

And finally, it was the day we assembled in our base class (science lab on level 6 sigh), and that was where all 25 of us strangers, first met. (26, actually, after Camel joined us) And this was where everything began. (remember how John wanted to join library even though he was a soccer player??? LOL)

To be honest, I was terrified in the beginning. Having been with the same bunch of people for the past 10 years in SCGS, being in such a foreign environment (with boys) scared me. Plus, I was stuck with 3 guys (jx, nick, fiq) I have never talked to in my life, for most of my breaks, being one of the 4 people who took 3H21H1 in SA4. So I was like hmm, oh well fml let's just see how this goes… But looking back now, those doubts were absolutely unnecessary, because as minutes, days, weeks passed, memories began to form, and our class began to bond. 

Fast forward to now… the day I have been dreading for ages… it's finally the end of our journey as a class. 

No more talking bullshit with the teachers, no more bullying Ge Yang and having Miss Lum tell us to treat him nicer. No more Mr Tay accompanying Putra to Physics lecture from the pool cafe because he said it was "boring".  No more seeing the two bimbos in our class bowing their heads to pray at every 11:11, no more having Jerone and Aiken rap and beatbox in GP as a punishment. No more having Jacky guailan teachers, no more having all of us teasing Jia Jun about Tyler. No more having everyone (especially izzy) to ask Nick to shut up, no more having someone shout "A-sama" across the room. No more having smell Putra's protein shakes, no more having Aiken putting Irene's GC into his underwear. No more clapping to random rhythms during math, no more trying to compete to see who can throw a ball of paper into the bin. No more having JX break lecture tables, no more having Irene slap Nick when he snaps his fingers. No more hearing Shafiq's 10.20am alarm ring, and no more having a discussion about pregnancy tests in the void deck.

No more having Jerone pop out at random corners to scare the girls, no more hearing John's creepy stories about teachers (and the principal *wink*). No more sitting together in the void deck during breaks, no more smashing cakes on each other's faces during birthdays. No more teasing Jloh about Wendy, or no more teasing Cheng Cheng about Jia Min. No more telling JX that he's handsome to shut him up, no more having daily 1 min news during GP. No more having Putra's inappropriate words to Miss Chen, no more speculating if JX was gay. No more having the guys compare biceps/abs, no more having the girls (and the guys) complain about the Level 3 cleaning auntie. No more having Harlem Shake filming before chem, no more being so amazing during AC Games. No more gatherings at Nick's to have his mum's shepherds pie, and no more groaning about having to pay for notes. No more having the guys discuss about basketball/DOTA/FIFA, no more having the guys play Fun Run/ Hungry Shark/ Kardashians. No more blaming Putra for the haze, no more having Lim Looi Ying walk out on us (because we were busy taking photos HAHAHA)

This is so cheesy, but I will just say it - I will miss all of you. Each and every single one of you. I will miss all of your voices, the presence. But I know this is not the end. I know 10 years down the road, no matter where we are or what we are doing, we will still manage to meet up. I know we will. I know that the friendships made during the past 2 years of our life in SA4 will not be forgotten, nor forsaken. It's really extremely depressing to think that I will no longer be in the same room learning and having fun with all of you like before. [I'm crying as I'm typing this now (haha)]

Thank you all for tolerating me, sorry if I have been such a sucky class rep or I've been busy with other stuff to step up as a leader, but thank you all for the support you have given me, the encouragement when I was extremely depressed and feeling incompetent. Thank you all for the laughter and the tears (from the laughter). Thank you all for being you. The past two years in this class has been the most amazing time of my life and I will never ever forget that. I have never truly believed that a class could be this bonded till I met all of us. Really, no words can describe how I'm feeling now. It's too overwhelming. I know the time we've had can never be taken back, but I know the memories we made will forever be in my heart.

Thank you SA4, for these lovely 2 years. How lucky I am, to have something that makes saying goodbye, so, so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment