Sunday 30 August 2015

seasons

Grabbed this off @joalong_'s caption because I found it so 101% apt:

"Breakup season;

It scares me to hear the news of so many couples breaking up within the past few months. Including some of my own friends. 

I understand how it is. The spark dies. The couple gets too comfortable. Doing special things for each other becomes a thing of the past. Mundane. Boring. Humdrum. And then they start looking at other people.

A girl at work who's smile reignites your passion, who's beauty makes you turn. A charming guy next door that makes your heart flutter, with a great body and remarkably perfect hair. Someone else who makes you feel that something special you haven't felt for a while. 

But let's try not to forget that one person you once swore was the most important in your life. THe one person who loved you the most when you were unlovable, who stuck with you through all thick and thins, who knows you better than you know yourself. Who puts you before anything or anyone else in the world.

I remember, I love her. And I'll remember still, even at the worst times. Because that's what love is."

Recently I found out (via twitter/ askfm/ gossip) that so many (REALLY SO MANY) of my friends/acquantainces broke up with their other half and it scares me because I always saw most of them as "the golden couple", or the "couple that will last forever", and hearing all of these saddens me. A lot. How I was always certain couples will always stay together, and now the truth hits me and I realize that, nothing last forever.

Simply because if the relationship works out, it works out. Anything worth it is never easy, it just depends on whether both parties want to work on it. I'm a believer of fate and if they are meant to be, they are. Loving someone when they are not exactly lovable is the hardest, I feel, when their flaws start to creep out to expose themselves, that's when there's a difference in being in love with someone and truly loving someone.

Hearing all these news have been scaring me so much but even though right now I'm doubting all the possibilities to a fairytale ending, I know that I am never going to doubt us.


No comments:

Post a Comment